Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobblepalooza

Black Friday is my favorite holiday.  And yes, it is a holiday.  Every year it is a family tradition that as soon as you finish gorging yourself with turkey and cranberry sauce, you break out the ads and get creative.  That's right, I said it, creative.  From the ads to the methods this holiday is all about being different and thinking outside of the box.  My favorite ad from this year was Old Navy, courtesy of Crispin Porter and Bogusky.

It is no secret that the best ads get the best crowds, but here I think Old Navy had the best sales, $5 performance fleeces?  Hell yeah!  Anyway, this ad was the most creative in my opinion.  Taking the "rock on" symbol and making a turkey was genius.  Though not totally original, I am pretty sure I did that in preschool, it is incredibly clever with the concept.  Also, making the theme like a concert truly represents Black Friday, it is like a rock concert.  Hot, crowded, and drugged (on caffeine, that its).

My personal creativity comes in later with picking the route that nobody else will and the art of actually getting into as many stores as possible before keeling over in exhaustion with the 2 hours of sleep and tryptophan in my system.  Still, I manage to score the bargains and the adrenaline rush, not to mention the jet lag of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment