Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Texas Tribute

So today I was talking with my friend Tanner, who is currently in pastry school in Paris, and amidst my jealousy and his we made a discovery, there are benefits to Texas, as well as Europe.  Yes, Europe is...well..Europe!  And lately I have come to believe more and more that as much as I love the USA I prefer European lifestyles, for now at least.  But as we were talking...or typing, rather...these benefits came to mind:

1. Outdoor Swimming Pools...when you can't get to a beach, these are lifesavers
2. Cupcakes...nonexistent in Europe, certainly a travesty.
3. Chuy's...yes, they may be a franchise, but to me Chuy's is Texas.
4. Country Music...sometimes you need that song that seems to be exactly what you are thinking
5. Trucks...a very easy way to get on a powertrip when you are feeling it.

That being said, Texas is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment