Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Feminist Drive

Feminism. This word is enough to tickle the nerves of anyone. Men fear them because of their "power" and women fear it because of the social stigma attached to the thought. Do I consider myself a feminist? Hmmm...does that mean that I burn my bra, smoke weed, and protest men in any fashion? No...but I do not submit myself to the power of men either. Yes, I can change a tire, but the oil? No way. Yes, I can fix a broken table but install a door? Forget it. Does this mean that I am incapable? No. It just simply is that I have not learned it yet. I believe that women also place this stigma on men. Men can't cook, they can't clean...yeah right. One of my friends makes the best blackened chicken I have ever tasted and as far a nails? My best pedicure was from a man. All too much does society blend gender roles, when reality...We are only different by one tiny chromosome.

No comments:

Post a Comment