Saturday, September 5, 2009

Holidays


I recently read an article in one of my textbooks saying that Santa phenomenon is merely a creation of Coca-Cola. Crap. This was not something that I wanted to read...it was probably up there in the realm of dying puppies. But then, I started to think. What if I made my own holiday? What would I do? Who would be the face of it? Hmmm....what about a day that is centered on the Earth! Oh wait, already done. Pluto Appreciation Day? Nope...someone is already on that I am sure. I know...days that aren't your birthday! We can call them unbirthdays! Oh wait, Lewis Carroll already owns that. As Americans, we have holidays for everything...heck, we even have National Talk Like A Pirate Day. So, now I shall make my own holiday. It shall be known as...Be Yourself Day (title is a work in progress...sorry). And, just like Unbirthdays, it will take place all-day, everyday, except one (Halloween, duh!). The symbol, however you decide you feel like today. Honestly, I feel like a Unicorn today so that will be my symbol. Why do I feel like a Unicorn? Because I feel...different, and most likely this feeling will end and I will be extinct from that ideal. All I do know is that "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present" and gosh darn it, I feel like having a horn today.

No comments:

Post a Comment