Thursday, October 1, 2009

kleptomania

I like stuff.  All kinds of stuff.  Whether it is blankets, shoes or scarves I love them all.  Alas, I do not get to indulge in these very often, since I am a college student I have no money, after all.  As I sit here writing I look to my left and see the monster lurking in the closet, the monster of stuff.  It would be so great if I though I could get along without it, yet here I am thinking of a way to afford a certain rain jacket.  Wow.  It seems that kleptomania is a syndrome that all people have in some way.  I personally like clothes.  But what I love is food.  It seems like everyday I go to the grocery store is a new experience and looking through a cookbook is the next Land's End.  These things all seem to create a monster within us (it makes the sound of a stomach grumble after seeming those rice krispie treats).  It would be great if we could live without stuff.  Or, only have a certain number of things, like a quota.  Alas though, as an American it seems I have to appease the monster, right now it wants bacon.

Here is a small sample of my cluttered lifestyle:

this was taken over the summer, where my extra stuff literally had to sit in the living room because my bedroom was too small for my junk.  The next picture shows the piles as they interrupt friend time.


No comments:

Post a Comment