Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oh the Humanity!

Have you ever noticed how much people seem to hate police?  It seems all they do is make you miserable.  For example, earlier this week I was having a horrible day and on my way to a job interview I was pulled over.  I thought, at the time, that this was a nice cop and he was just letting me know I had a tail light out or something.  No.  Apparently I did not "come to a full and complete stop at that stop sign." Enter the waterworks.  I begged, I pleaded, I actually told the truth and did I get mercy? No.  I got a $187 ticket.  Then, it makes me wonder, when these people go home, how do they feel?  They gave a hysterical, poor college student a ticket without a second glance.  What else are they capable of?  Yes, cops do stop the "bad guys" and go to schools and talk to kids.  But those handing out tickets?  Yes, apparently I did break the law, but honestly $187 to a girl with a was-clean record?  I could never be a cop, knowing that so many people hate me because I made them have a bad day.  Fighting crime is cool and wonderful and everything, but hiding behind stop signs? Don't you have something better to do?  Maybe fight the donut stereotype and go to Salad Alley...

No comments:

Post a Comment