Monday, October 5, 2009

People Change



Have you ever heard the saying "people change?"  Of course you have.  But do people actually seem different?  It is like when you are little, and grow up with the same people all through elementary and middle school look the same, even though you know that you are growing up.  Your perception of yourself always seems to be the same, no matter how old you are.  I know that I looked much different as a child, but I don't feel much different as far as myself is concerned.  Now, separation does allow me to see the changes.  I think I have started to notice this more in college than in the past, because I go for extended periods of time between seeing my friends.  Some faces change, and I remember them from before and then compare them to the present.  However, I still cannot seem to remember what people looked like when we were in say, Kindergarden.  All I see is the last memory of that person or the current perception.  This makes me wonder how people remember me, if I am different of if we all, in essence, think this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment